Motorcycle insurance coverage
If you own or are looking to buy a motorcycle, a motorcycle drivers license and motorcycle insurance coverage is required upon purchase. The overall experience of riding a motorcycle is vastly different than driving a car, which is why coverage is different – the risks vary greatly.
Nickerson Insurance Systems, Inc. knows what coverage is right for motorcycle drivers, but also has expanded into coverage for scooters, mopeds, dirt bikes, and other two-wheeled motorized vehicles. Average auto insurance will cover a claimant only if they are driving a car, but if they’re out on any other type of vehicle, specific coverage must be in place.
What motorcycle insurance covers
Motorcycle insurance coverage is specialized to the policyholder, but generally includes the same types of incidents:
- Total loss replacement of the motorcycle
- Motorcycle accessory coverage (i.e. gear, sidecars, packs, etc.)
- Motorcycle transport trailer coverage (if you’re hauling your bike somewhere)
- Roadside assistance when needed (i.e. run out of gas, head or tail light goes out, etc.)
- Rental coverage for whenever you decide to rent a motorcycle when not using your own
Motorcycles thefts, damages, and accidents are common, so it’s best to be prepared if something happens.
Other motorized vehicles to insure
Motorcycles aren’t the only motorized vehicles that need to be insured. With the additions of scooters, mopeds, and motorbikes used regularly, plus all the advancements of electric rides, there are more types of vehicles sharing the road than ever before.
There are many factors that come into play when riding vehicles with one or two wheels, motorized or electric. Some safety precautions people can take before, during, and after riding are:
- Have a valid driver’s license and insurance for what you’re driving. Safety courses and training are a good idea if time has lapsed since the last time you rode.
- Check the weather to make sure road conditions are optimal. If they are not, it’s best to use an enclosed vehicle like a car or truck.
- Wearing the correct gear to protect yourself is crucial. Always wear a helmet, dress for the weather, be aware of the sun and wind, and wear prescription glasses if you need them.
- Park somewhere safe and in view whenever possible. Locks for smaller vehicles is a good idea and never leave your keys sitting around where someone else could find them.
- Upon returning home, make sure the batteries are turned off and charged, if needed. Be sure to always have enough gas in your vehicle so as to not run out when on a ride.
If you own or are buying a motorcycle and want to be insured while riding – Nickerson Insurance Systems, Inc. can get you covered
We can help insure any vehicle you own, specific to the type of transportation it is. We want to make sure everyone is insured in case of any type of accident or theft. Don’t want until it’s too late to ensure your motorcycle and any other vehicles.